Haikus

Poetry is a form of communication and expression. It carries the ability to convey meaning or leave a significant impact with the use of a few words. There are several types of poetry. Haiku is a short Japanese poem form which is constructed based on syllables and phrases. It consists of three lines which have five, seven and five syllables respectively. There is no stress on grammar or rhyme scheme while writing a Haiku. A Japanese haiku is often based on the theme of nature. It presents an image or a moment in time in a striking manner. Here is my attempt at writing a Haiku:


Deep and dangerous
The raging sea water plunged
And kissed my feet



Enchanted by bright light
Blazing, bold and beautiful
Wings and life burn down 



Tiny drops of clear glass
Sitting on tender green blades
Fading with the warmth



A hard shell washed away
Onto a sunny coastline
Betrayed by the sea



Deserted dark earth
Drilled deep under the thin crust
And a gem is born








Comments

  1. Ooohh! I can't decide which one I should pick as my favourite
    They're all SO CREATIVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I just saw it in my inbox! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hope, Choice and Joy

Hegemony in Patriarchy

Me & Everyone: Learning Acceptance