The Elephants of Sri Lanka

Elephants are creatures that have always captured my fascination. I fell in love with them when I first met one at a temple. Their gentleness and community harmony is something I admire. The other day when I came across a photograph of an elephant from Sri Lanka, I couldn't resist painting it. I also attempted to write something about it.


Magnificent and sunless denizens
Cohesive as the deciduous canopy
Distinct patches of colouration
Like the light beam on the forest floor


A cluster of rocks in a woodland
The deep roots strengthening their trunk
Towering shadows over the trembling earth
Grazing on the flourishing flora


Growls and bellows traversing miles
Mustering all the tuskers of the tear shaped land
Trampling the cognizant monsoon grooves
Leading to a weary victory of a reviving basin


Rounded earth prints, a mark of pride
A symbol of ceremonial jubilation
Majestic masters of robust ivory
Beauteous souls epitomizing the integrity of Sri Lanka

 


Comments

  1. INTENSE!
    Strong usage of vocabulary for such a strong animal.
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hope, Choice and Joy

Hegemony in Patriarchy

Me & Everyone: Learning Acceptance